Tacoma Public Library
Tacoma Public Library
Web site   Library catalog
Library Databases Calendar
View My Account Library Catalog
Print this page Print this page Email this page Email this page

Northwest Postcard database: keyword search "Remodeling--Tacoma"     (new Postcard search     About this database)
6 records match your search
MAGDEN-102
Front caption: Provident Building Tacoma, Wash.
Date: c. 1905
Notes: 239
Description: Originally known as the Provident Building, it became the Security Building in 1952. After renovation and remodeling in 2006, the original name was restored.
Subjects: Historic buildings--Tacoma; Arches--Tacoma; Remodeling--Tacoma;
Address (Links to Buildings Index): 917 PACIFIC AVE.
Category: Historic Buildings

ELLIS-1
Front caption: Postal Card. United States of America. Postage One cent 1943-McKinley-1901.
Date: c. 1907
Description: John W. Linck was elected Mayor of Tacoma in 1908, and left the office in 1910. He was married to the former Eva K. Buchanan in 1896. This postcard is believed to be about the remodeling of their home at 817 No. J Street in Tacoma, once owned by pioneers John and Virginia Mason.
Subjects: Mayors--Tacoma--1900-1910; Remodeling--Tacoma; Historic buildings--Tacoma; Pioneers--Tacoma;
Address (Links to Buildings Index): 817 NO. J ST.
Category: Homes and Subdivisions

NWRPC-184
Front caption: The Tacoma Public Library
Back caption: Tacoma Public Library The $1.05 million renovation and addition to the South Tacoma Branch Library, 3411 South 56th Street, was designed by Seifort and Forbes, Architects and built by C E & C, Inc. Originally constructed in 1959 on the site of an original Carnegie-funded library, the South Tacoma Branch brings a wealth of library services and materials to Tacoma's south end neighborhoods. Funding for the renovation was provided through passage of a $15.8 million Library Construction Bond approved by Tacoma citizens in 1984.
Date: c. 1989
Notes: Photography by The Portrait Gallery, 1989
Description: Originally conceived as an alternative to the area's many saloons, this first branch library grew from the Women's Christian Temperance Union's South Tacoma Reading Room that was opened in 1905. The building that housed the first South Tacoma Branch was dedicated in 1911, and the current building opened in 1959.
Subjects: Libraries--Tacoma; Remodeling--Tacoma; Construction--Tacoma;
Address (Links to Buildings Index): 3411 SO. 56th ST.
Category: Libraries

NWRPC-183
Front caption: The Tacoma Public Library
Back caption: Tacoma Public Library Designed by Architects Reed Reinvald, the 14,487 square foot Grace R. Moore Branch Library at 215 South 56th Street provides an abundance of library materials and services to the residents of Tacoma's south end neighborhoods. The $2.2 million regional library, named in honor of one of the founders of public library service in Tacoma, was built by Pease Construction, Inc. on the site of the original Moore Branch Library. Funding was provided through passage of a $15.8 million Library Construction Bond approved by Tacoma citizens in 1984.
Date: c. 1989
Notes: Photography by The Portrait Gallery, 1989
Description: Exterior view of the Moore library, the large regional branch in the south end of town.
Subjects: Libraries--Tacoma, Construction--Tacoma; Remodeling--Tacoma;
Address (Links to Buildings Index): 215 SO. 56th ST.
Category: Libraries

NWRPC-182
Front caption: The Tacoma Public Library
Back caption: The $1.05 million comprehensive renovation and addition to the George O. Swasey Branch Library, 7001 Sixth Avenue, was designed by Elaine Day LaTourelle and Associates, Architects, and built by Sunset Pacific General Contractors, Inc. Originally built in 1960 and named to honor Tacoma Attorney George Swasey, whose generous bequest made the library a reality, the Swasey Branch Library brings a wealth of library services and programs to Tacoma's growing west end neighborhood. Funding for the renovation was provided through passage of a $15.8 million Library Construction Bond approved by Tacoma citizens in 1984.
Date: c. 1989
Notes: Photography by The Portrait Gallery, 1989
Description: View of the Swasey Branch library, one of ten libraries located within the city.
Subjects: Libraries--Tacoma; Remodeling--Tacoma; Construction--Tacoma;
Address (Links to Buildings Index): 7001 SIXTH AVE.
Category: Libraries

NWRPC-181
Front caption: The Tacoma Public Library
Back caption: Tacoma Public Library The McCormick Branch Library, 3722 North 26th Street, brings a wealth of library services and materials to residents of Tacoma's North and West End neighborhoods. The 11,975 square foot addition to the 61 year old Tudor-style library was designed by McGranahan Messenger Associates, Architects, and built by Mar-Jan Contractors, Inc. Funding for the $2.2 million library was provided through passage of a $15.8 million Library Construction Bond approved by Tacoma citizens in 1984.
Date: c. 1988
Notes: Photography by The Portrait Gallery, 1988
Description: Exterior of what is now called the Anna Lemon Wheelock branch of the Tacoma Public Library.
Subjects: Libraries--Tacoma; Construction--Tacoma; Remodeling--Tacoma;
Address (Links to Buildings Index): 3722 NO. 26th ST.
Category: Libraries

6 records displayed

Horizantal Line
Tacoma Public Library - 1102 Tacoma Ave. South - Tacoma, Washington 98402 - 253.591.5666xxx
Tacoma Public Library - 1102 Tacoma Ave. South - Tacoma, Washington 98402 - 253.292.2001
Contact Us Site Map Privacy Policy Copyright Policy